Presbyterianism officially came to New Creek, as Keyser was called, in the middle 1800s. Our first congregation of Presbyterians was organized by a committee of Winchester Presbytery on December 4, 1853. Then Named the Church of Mount Hope, the congregation had seven members representing four families.
Our ancestors prevailed through the Civil War and the following years with pastors preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and faithful members witnessing to His love in this community. Keyser Presbyterian Church is the mother church of Piedmont, Lonaconing, Barton and McCoole Presbyterian Churches. We claim the high calling to share the Gospel as our predecessors did in the past.
Keyser Presbyterian Church is called to tell the good news of salvation by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and Lord. Our faith is built upon the claims of Jesus Christ, leading people to repentance, acceptance of His as Savior and Lord, and His forgiveness of our sins. By proclaiming the message of Christ, we seek to make disciples of all people.